We kick off the episode with a bit of house cleaning: why the show exists, plans, goals, etc. The episode ran a little longer than planned, but we had to get the house cleaning out of the way.
The media will have you believe fake news is overtaking the country and is the biggest threat to our democracy. (GASP!) Simply put: they’re wrong. Fake news is not new and in the kick-off episode, we dive into a brief history of fake news and how we can combat it. Spoiler alert: personal responsibility.
MoneyLIVE is Teen Financial Event designed for high school through college age youth to provide them with the financial decision-making tools they need to create financial independence.
The lessons learned during this event create good financial habits that last a lifetime. This event gives students a hands-on opportunity to learn about careers in the areas of science, engineering, and business. Students also learn how to make real-life financial decisions as a result of their career choice during a live money simulation.
Life happens! Get a taste of the Real World before you get a salary, spouse, kids, and credit card debt.
Register today at moneylive.org.
- The “Fake News” Story Is Fake News by Zero Hedge
- The Confederate Catechism (First Edition) by Lyon Gardiner Tyler
- Uncivil by Gimlet Media
- Confederate States of America – Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union
- Convention of South Carolina, Address of the people of South Carolina to the people of the Slaveholding States (December 25, 1860)
- Birth of a Nation
- When the “victim” you fought for turns out to be the victimizer: Sherita Dixon-Cole and the painful consequences of a false report of sexual assault and police misconduct by Shaun King
- Props to Shaun on owning this and outing this problem.