Welcome back to the PFA podcast. Thank you to those who returned and welcome to those who are new.
In this episode, we sit down with an ICE agent to discuss Abolish ICE, border management, immigration, customs work, and the international presence of ICE.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) enforces federal laws governing border control, customs, trade and immigration to promote homeland security and public safety. ICE was created in 2003 through a merger of the investigative and interior enforcement elements of the former U.S. Customs Service and the Immigration and Naturalization Service. ICE now has more than 20,000 employees in more than 400 offices in the United States and 46 foreign countries. The agency has an annual budget of approximately $6 billion, primarily devoted to three operational directorates – Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) and Office of the Principal Legal Advisor (OPLA). A fourth directorate – Management and Administration – supports the three operational branches to advance the ICE mission.
Sponsor a DACA Recipient
In light of the immigration drama this week, the upcoming episode highlights this DACA recipient. Isaac is on his way to medical school and DACA folks cannot get loans. At a minimum, share this out to help get word out to help fulfill a Dreamer’s dream. https://www.gofundme.com/medschooldreamer
- History of ICE
- 2003 – Begins
- 2013 – ICE launches smartphone app to locate predators, rescue children from sexual abuse and exploitation
- 2014 – ICE launches national cyber safety campaign to help protect kids from online sexual predators
- As part of Project iGuardian, HSI special agents together with their law enforcement partners, will visit schools and youth groups across the country to provide children and parents with hands-on tips on how to avoid falling victim to online sexual predators.
- 2,059 convicted criminals arrested in ICE nationwide operation
- ICE’s Enforcement and Removal Operations arrests 200th criminal alien convicted of sex crime under Sex Offender Registration Initiative
- April: ICE arrests 976 gang members and associates during ‘Project Wildfire’ surge
- December: ICE arrests more than 400 international fugitives in FY2016
- January: ICE arrests nearly 2,000 human traffickers in 2016, identifies more than 400 victims across the United States
- Protesters Tried To Blockade A Colorado ICE Facility, Then SWAT Showed Up
- “The Democrats are making a strong push to abolish ICE, one of the smartest, toughest and most spirited law enforcement groups of men and women that I have ever seen. I have watched ICE liberate towns from the grasp of MS-13 & clean out the toughest of situations. They are great!”
- Border Crisis?