Welcome back to the PFA podcast. Thank you to those who returned and welcome to those who are new.
WOW! What a week! It was packed full of hot news from Trump peddling white supremacist messaging, Trumps ex-campaign manager, Paul Manafort, being found guilty on 8 of 18 counts, his ex-lawyer pleading guilty to 8 crimes, his CFO from the Trump Organization being granted immunity, and David Pecker who was the other party in the Karen McDougal payment also has immunity. Whoa! What a week.
On top of all of that…John McCain has passed away and there is Praise, Prayers, and Vitriol on both sides. It is confusing to see so much hate during a time of mourning. Hate knows no party/political persuasion, “race” (color), gender, or any other random identifier. Choose love.
Sponsor a DACA Recipient
In light of the immigration drama this week, the upcoming episode highlights this DACA recipient. Isaac is on his way to medical school and DACA folks cannot get loans. At a minimum, share this out to help get word out to help fulfill a Dreamer’s dream. https://www.gofundme.com/medschooldreamer
- John McCain, senator and former presidential candidate, dies at 81
- Here’s The Story Behind That Trump Tweet On South Africa — And Why It Sparked Outrage“I have asked Secretary of State @SecPompeo to closely study the South Africa land and farm seizures and expropriations and the large scale killing of farmers. “South African Government is now seizing land from white farmers.” @TuckerCarlson @FoxNews”
- Read Manafort’s guilty verdict
- Read Michael Cohen’s plea agreement
- David Pecker granted immunity in Cohen investigation
- Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg gets immunity
- Charlie Griefer’s statement on both parties:
“I keep saying it. Conservatives and Liberals are 100% the same. Different sides of the same coin.
When a shooting occurs, liberals want tougher gun laws. Conservatives balk and say guns aren’t the issue, people are the issue.
Illegal immigrant kills a girl, conservatives want “the wall”. Liberals balk and say that the wall wouldn’t have stopped Christopher Watts from killing his wife and daughters.
Liberals want the bakery to make the cake for the gay couple because businesses shouldn’t have a choice. But they’re OK with Facebook/Twitter etc choosing to suspend accounts.
Conservatives don’t want the bakery to have to make the cake for the gay couple because businesses should have a choice. But they’re not OK with Facebook/Twitter etc choosing to suspend accounts.
The issue that we face as a country is neither on the liberals nor on the conservatives, but rather on the space between them. And the anger and hatred and bile that fills it.”