Welcome back to the PFA podcast for our first current events episode as we tackle the Roseanne Barr drama with a quick look at Game 1 of the 2018 NBA Finals between the Golden State Warriors and the Cleveland Cavaliers. There have been a lot of discussions about whether the statements were racist, is there a double standard since people call Trump an orangutan, and whether or not she really meant what she said.
Let’s dive in and take a look at the situation. This was tough to get through since I tried to refrain from jumping ahead to tackling racism as a whole and spoiling a future episode, but hopefully, the perspectives presented help you see different sides of this debate.
MoneyLIVE is Teen Financial Event designed for high school through college age youth to provide them with the financial decision-making tools they need to create financial independence.
The lessons learned during this event create good financial habits that last a lifetime. This event gives students a hands-on opportunity to learn about careers in the areas of science, engineering, and business. Students also learn how to make real-life financial decisions as a result of their career choice during a live money simulation.
Life happens! Get a taste of the Real World before you get a salary, spouse, kids, and credit card debt.
Register today at moneylive.org.
- After Racist Tweet, Roseanne Barr’s Show Is Canceled by ABC
- Ambien Did It Tweet
- Trump Responds to Fury Over ‘Roseanne,’ but Not Her Racist Remarks
- Valerie Jarrett Response
- Larry Elder’s Ignorance
- How the right is defending Roseanne Barr’s racist tweets
- Comparing Black People To Monkeys Has A Long, Dark Simian History (January 2018)
- Kathy Griffith Twitter Thread about the aftermath of her vile Trump imagery from 2017
- Rob Parker Statements on RG3
- ESPN’s Firing Decision tweet after having suspended him immediately after the event