Welcome back to the PFA podcast. Thank you to those who returned and welcome to those who are new.
This week we take a look at something near and dear to my heart: growing your human capital. I get that phrase from the podcaster Jason Stapleton. It sums up exactly what I like to encourage people to do: never ever stop learning or growing. Following up the heartfelt message, we dive into the touchy Colorado Baker’s case then finish off this mixture of love + confusion with a pinch of strife with Trump v Eagles.
We’re working through our structure, flow, and finding the voice of PFA. Thank you for listening as we iron out the show and continue to share the show. Our numbers are looking decent to not have advertised the shows so thank you for getting the word out there. Let’s keep pushing!
It is here! Saturday (tomorrow; 6/9/2018) is the start of MoneyLIVE.
MoneyLIVE is Teen Financial Event designed for high school through college age youth to provide them with the financial decision-making tools they need to create financial independence.
The lessons learned during this event create good financial habits that last a lifetime. This event gives students a hands-on opportunity to learn about careers in the areas of science, engineering, and business. Students also learn how to make real-life financial decisions as a result of their career choice during a live money simulation.
Life happens! Get a taste of the Real World before you get a salary, spouse, kids, and credit card debt.
Register today at moneylive.org.
Growing Human Capital
- Racism vs Discrimination vs Prejudice
- Racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior.
- Discrimination: the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
- Prejudice: preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
- Back Story
- Supreme Court Decision
- Are anti-discrimination laws still necessary?
Philadelphia Eagles v Trump
- Trump Politicizing a False Narrative
- Trump and his “patriotism” party
- Malcolm Jenkins Responses