Welcome back to the PFA podcast. Thank you to those who returned and welcome to those who are new.
We are joined this week with Adrian Hernandez. Adrian is a candidate for Pearland City Council Position 4 and was gracious enough to stop by and discuss his journey to running for office and what he has done to earn your vote.
It is local politics, but these are the races and positions most closely affecting your daily life. We hope you enjoy.
Adrian Hernandez Bio
Adrian Hernandez is a native Houstonian who has been active in the Pearland community since 2008 when he opened his business, The Drink Station, a local tea and coffee shop which has served as a community hub for a decade.
He currently employs 40+ employees in the Pearland, Alvin, League City regions and is active in all 3 communities. Since Pearland is his home, however, he focuses his time and efforts on the people and organizations in Pearland. Adrian can be regularly seen around town donating tea, coffee, pastries, and time to a multitude of organizations and causes. He considers giving back to his community one of the most important responsibilities of being a business owner and neighbor.
Adrian’s service record includes:
- Adult Reading Center, Board Member
- Keep Pearland Beautiful (Stella Roberts Recycling Center), Board Member
- Pearland Parks, Recreation & Beautification Board, Pos. 7 Appointee
- Pearland Exchange Club, Past Board Member
- Pearland Lions Club, Member
- Pearland ISD R.I.S.E. Mentoring, Mentor
- Pearland Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Alvin-Manvel Chamber of Commerce, Member
- League City Regional Chamber of Commerce, Member.
- Adrian holds his Master’s Degree in Health Education from Texas A&M University where he focused on institutional & community health program design and management.